Upholstery Pliers


When I saw this (top picture) I thought it was an upholstery specific tool, however I was unable to find any thing like it at any of the upholstery tool sites I looked at. I then decided it was probably this Vise Grip sheet metal grip pressed into upholstery service. When I reviewed the tape recently I noticed Norm actually identified it as a “Vise Grip.” I should have listened harder.

In episode 1913, Norm demonstrated what I was thinking of in 1703. At left (bottom) is a picture. It seems this is more properly called a webbing stretcher. He used it the same way.

Appearances: Episode 1703, 1913

Last updated: 8 April 2007